SANTA BARBARA & MONTECITO RESOURCES
Hotels & Accommodations
- This world-class pacific resort embodies the casual sophisticated California lifestyle; The Biltmore Santa Barbara is the consummate destination for history and culture seekers or business travellers wanting world-class accommodations in the heart of it all.
- Treat yourself to effortless luxury at this beautiful downtown Santa Barbara boutique hotel. With your supreme comfort in mind, the Spanish Garden Inn offers personalized amenities to ensure you reach the utmost satisfaction during your stay. This is truly a place you will experience elite service that is second to none in the area.
-Surrounded with flower-filled courtyards, restful fountains and red-tiled roofs, the Bacara Resort in Santa Barbara is the perfect place to enjoy a leisurely pace and warm embrace of coastal California beauty. The Bacara’s innovative, artful design of low-storied buildings terraced to the sea and connected by lush, meandering garden paths lend to an experience you will not find elsewhere.
Shops, Salons, Spa’s
- Wendy Foster is Santa Barbara’s premier women's fashion boutique; offering designer women's clothing, accessories and small gifts from New York, Paris, Los Angeles and Asia, With or without an eye for fashion, you are sure to find the perfect outfit in one of their five locations.
- Set above the calming blue waters of the Pacific, The Spa at Bacara is one of the great luxury spas in the Santa Barbara area. It’s the type of place where cares vanish into ocean breezes, where your well-being is elevated and celebrated. In a world that often demands more than we can give, this 42,000 square-foot luxury spa in Santa Barbara invites you to slow down and enjoy the “finer things.”ff This award-winning spa offers an abundance of treatments, amenities, and activities with highly accomplished therapists and aestheticians.
- Alchemy Arts Center is a world class spa, wellness center and café, located in the heart of Santa Barbara’s downtown district, offering life transforming services in an idyllic setting. Alchemy is a place to enjoy luxurious spa treatments and healing therapies, invigorating yoga classes, wellness lectures by leading experts, clffeanse programs, and delicious farm-to-table café menu selections.
Arts, Music, Entertainment
-Downtown Santa Barbara offers a myriad of attractions and historical sites for people of all ages to explore. Its’ colorful past is remembered through mix of historic adobes and outdoor courtyards, with a display of contemporary sculpture set among the Mediterranean architecture. Santa Barbara’s Historic Arts District is the focal point for a thriving arts community. From the contemporary to the classic, the Historic Arts District boasts a wide variety of art galleries, theatres, museums and performing arts groups. The Santa Barbara Museum of Art, one of the leading art museums on the west coast, hosts a collection of arts from Asia, Europe, and the America’s including paintings, sculpture, prints, drawings, photographs, ceramics, glass, jades, bronzes, lacquer, and textiles. SBMA regularly organizes and host’s lectures, symposia, film series, and focused gallery tours for the Museum’s major exhibitions.
- In support of Santa Barbara’s impressive arts community, once a month there is an award-winning program, 1st Thursday, highlighting downtown arts, culture and entertainment on the first Thursday of every month. Participating galleries and art-related venues during1st Thursday offer free access to visual and performing art in a fun and social environment from 5-8pm. It provides an opportunity for locals and visitors to indulge in local culture, mingle with neighbors, and participate in the growing arts community.
-In addition to a world-renowned art scene, Santa Barbara boasts a famous music conservatory, The Music Academy of the West; located in neighboring town of Montecito. Every year, it hosts an eight-week summer music festival for the community highlighted by concerts and workshops - directed by famous composers, conductors, and artists. Acceptance into the academy is highly competitive and each pre-professional musician receives a full scholarship, including free tuition, accommodations, and meals.
-Santa Barbara’s local University, UCSB, is known as one of America’s Public Ivy schools, which brings an Ivy League education at a public university price. UCSB has been credited as a one of the Top 10 public Universities in the nation. Aside from a superior education and top-notch research facilities, UCSB is widely known for their Arts & Lectures program, which is the largest and most influential arts and lectures organization between Los Angeles and San Francisco. With a mission to “educate, entertain, and inspire”, Arts and Lectures hosts more than a hundred events each year, from critically acclaimed concerts and dance performances by world-renowned artists to talks from groundbreaking authors and film series at UCSB and Santa Barbara-area venues.
Tennis, Polo, Golf, Country Clubs
-Rancho San Marcos offers stunning views of the Santa Ynez River Valley, mountain peaks, and occasional eagles soaring above Lake Cachuma – without a trace of urban development in sight. Rancho San Marcos, tucked into the valley floor of the Santa Ynez Mountains, has kept the essence of the old ranch, which was located here since the Spanish land grant of 1804. This tranquil setting has been revered as one of the best courses in the nation.
-River Course at the Alisal presents golfers with breathtaking panoramas of the foothills and the Santa Ynez Mountains and Valley. River Course features four lakes and often follows the neighboring path of the Santa Ynez River. Rolling fairways define the well-manicured course, which is accented by mature live oaks, native sycamores and elderberry trees- it is truly a friendly course with incomparable views.
-An Inspiring combination of challenge and beauty as championship golf brings you to the edge of the Pacific Ocean. With breathtaking ocean and mountain views from every hole, Sandpiper is truly a memorable golfing experience. Rated as one of the top-25 courses in the country.
- La Cumbre is, indeed, a peak experience. For members, it is a warm and welcome home away from home. For guests, it is an experience to cherish. Truly an oasis of serenity and satisfaction apart from the pressures of modern living, the Club combines a rich tradition with a dedicated vision of the future, assuring an incomparable balance of privilege and pleasure.
- Nestled right in between the “Beverly Hills” of Santa Barbara – the quaint village of Montecito – and the renowned “Riviera” in Santa Barbara. Montecito Country Club offers a sweeping panoramic view of the Santa Barbara coastline, harbor and Channel Islands for ceremonies and continues this view in the historic indoor venue where guests will enjoy cocktails, dinner and dancing overlooking Santa Barbara and the Pacific Ocean.
-The Santa Barbara Polo & Racquet Club is the third oldest polo facility in the United States and is world renowned for its four lush polo fields and international outdoor competition. In addition to the playing fields and historic Polo Clubhouse, Polo School, as well as a beautiful Tennis Clubhouse and facility including eight pristine championship hard court tennis courts, swimming and fitness centers.
-The Coral Casino celebrates the rich history of our community as a family club, frequented by many members and guests who have been regular visitors since as early as the 1940s. It continues its unique social character, combining dining, fitness, and beachfront relaxation and fun, complete with an oceanfront ballroom for grand events, enhanced by world-renowned Four Seasons service and amenities.
Wine Country/Wine Tasting
- Demetria produces wines of distinction and character rivaling those of the world’s greatest estates. Their wines are artfully crafted to showcase the unique growing conditions of the Santa Ynez Valley and Santa Rita Hills. With a belief that low yields, sustainable and biodynamic farming practices, and gentle winemaking produce wines of exceptional quality. Through architecture and landscape, the Demetria Estate is truly our glimpse into Italianesque scenery. Red varietals include Syrah, Grenache, and Mourvedre, and white varietals include Viognier, Marsanne, Roussanne, and Grenache Blanc.
- Sunstone, a boutique winery named after the vineyard estate’s exposed sun-dappled shale and stones, is the premiere destination winery on the central coast. Many locals revere it as the most beautiful vineyard and award winning tasting room. Known for Rhone varietals, including Viognier. Additonally, multiple “90 point” wines have been born here.
- Winemaker and Founder, Seth Kunin, spends his weekends pouring samples of his Central Coast Zinfandel and Rhône varieties and chatting with visitors in his surf-shack-style spot, less than a block from East Beach.
- Brander is committed to maintaining environmentally sustainable viticulture and winemaking. We assiduously follow organic and biodynamic principles, both in the vineyard and in the cellar. With state-of-the-art facilities for producing top quality wine, Brander will earn its spot on your list. Due to its location and climate, Sauvignon Blanc and Cabernet Sauvignon are the well-known varietals here.
- Rooted Vine Tours is a locally owned and operated wine tour company. The tours focus on boutique, family owned and independently operated wineries. Providing door-to-door service from most locations in Santa Barbara, including hotels, residences, airport and train stations, Rooted Vine Tours offer a fun and educational tour of Santa Barbara's vast and amazing wine country.
- Take a magical, guided Jeep ride up the Old Stage Coach Road, past Lake Cachuma to the exquisite Santa Barbara Wine Country - with its sprawling ranches and endless miles of orchards and vineyards. Local guides provide insight on area history, flora and fauna as you travel across San Marcos Pass and the majestic Santa Ynez Mountain range in our comfortable, safe, canopy-covered, 5-7 passenger Jeeps. A very fun, unique way to experience this world-renowned region of wines
- The Santa Barbara Urban Wine Trail offers both novices and aficionados the opportunity to learn about and taste wines of many different varieties and styles crafted from Santa Barbara County’s best vineyards; all within blocks of downtown and the ocean.
Beaches, Parks, & Hikes
- Known to many locals as “Hendrys”, Arroyo Burro has a reputation as the "dog beach" of Santa Barbara, and is a popular location for dog owners to walk their pets off leash. Outdoor showers, grassy yards, and a delicious restaurant- lend to this being a very popular family destination in our area.
Butterfly Beach is a favorite beach of Santa Barbara and Montecito residents. Known for its long, sandy beach with a gentle slope; a good place to walk or to play in the waves. Additionally, dogs are allowed to run off-leash here.
- Goleta beach is a wide stretch of sandy coastline east of UCSB. It is adjacent to the Goleta slough- a wildlife area teaming with many local plants and animals. This historically rich area harbors a local restaurant and pier, while also hosting habitat for the local, endangered snow plover.
-Eling’s Park is the largest privately funded park in America. Catering to all age ranges, this park has many family-friendly activities and beautiful scenery to view. Private-like grassy knolls and off-road trails are just a few of the highlights in this beautiful area. Many sports matches are held here for local youth and Santa Barbara’s paragliding schools are located here as well. A few minutes drive from downtown and the pacific coast, Eling’s offers something for everyone.
-Located atop of the Arroyo Burro Mesa, this undeveloped, oceanfront land is known by many as a favorite local dog park of Santa Barbara. A walking trail loops the park perimeter, with many smaller trails across and along the interior. Take a pleasant stroll on this coastal cliff side park while engaging in breathtaking beauty of the Pacific
- This wonderful park is a hidden gem just ten minutes out of downtown Santa Barbara. The lake features a walking trail around the parameter with an abundance of life to be seen. It is a great place for a mid-day getaway or to experience a slice of rural beauty.
- The Goleta Butterfly Grove is an Environmentally Sensitive Area where your can view the overwintering Monarch butterflies between November and February in the Eucalyptus trees nearing the ocean. It is adjacent to the Sperling Preserve on the Ellwood Mesa. The Ellwood Mesa is 137 acres of family-friendly, natural terrain with designated trails and beach access.